If you are thinking of leaving your course, please contact your Personal Tutor or Programme Leader to discuss this first, as you may find that they can provide additional support to help you continue with your studies.  
If you have additional support needs, we have services that can help: 

  • Our Academic and Study Skills service offers a range of activities that can help you succeed in your studies, from one to one support to courses and workshops on a range of topics. 
  • The University has a Counselling, Mental Health and Wellbeing Service that can help if you need support with emotional or wellbeing issues and you can also access 24/7 support via the Togetherall platform. 
  • If you have a disability, long term health condition or Specific Learning Difficulty, our Inclusion and Disability Service can help to put extra support in place. 
  • The Visa Compliance team will be able to advise you if you are an international student and want to discuss the implications for your visa 
  • If you think you may need to improve your English language skills, the Language Centre offers a Coaching for Academic English free of charge. 

If you’ve considered all the options and decide you still want to go ahead and leave your course, please contact MMU Student Billings team or the Student Loan Company (SLC) for general advice on financial liabilities. Exact financial liabilities can only be provided once there is a confirmed withdrawal date. Please also contact MMU Accommodation if you are (or were), staying in halls and have a contract (0161 247 2958,
If you decide to proceed with your withdrawal, please complete this Withdrawal Form (Please open in Google Chrome on a PC or laptop and allow a minute for the correct form to load).   Withdrawals are processed within 7 working days and you will receive an email from the Student Records Operations Team once the process has been completed.  
If you have completed the withdrawal form, but have since changed your mind, please click the link in the email notification that you received and cancel the withdrawal.  If your withdrawal has not already been processed it will take 7 working days to action this request. 
The Man Met Students Union Advice Centre is able to provide you with specialist, student-centred advice that is free and totally independent.  

The link to the undergraduate and postgraduate taught student transfer, suspension and withdrawal procedure can be found here Microsoft Word - Transfer Suspension and Withdrawal Procedure 2022:2023.docx (