If you are thinking of suspending, please contact your Personal Tutor or Programme Leader to discuss this first, as you may find that they can provide additional support to help you continue with your studies.
If you have additional support needs, we have services that can help:
- Our Academic and Study Skills service offers a range of activities that can help you succeed in your studies, from one to one support to courses and workshops on a range of topics.
- The University has a Counselling, Mental Health and Wellbeing Service that can help if you need support with emotional or wellbeing issues and you can also access 24/7 support via the Togetherall platform.
- If you have a disability, long term health condition or Specific Learning Difficulty, our Inclusion and Disability Service can help to put extra support in place.
- The Visa Compliance team will be able to advise you if you are an international student and want to discuss the implications for your visa
- If you think you may need to improve your English language skills, the Language Centre offers a Coaching for Academic English free of charge.
If you are suspending your studies on medical grounds, then evidence needs to be submitted with the suspension form.
Please contact MMU Student Billings team or the Student Loan Company (SLC) for general advice on financial liabilities. Exact financial liabilities can only be provided once there is a confirmed suspension date. Please also contact MMU Accommodation if you are (or were), staying in halls and have a contract (0161 247 2958, email@example.com).
If you’ve considered all the options and decide you still want to go ahead and suspend studies, the Suspension Request Form will need to be filled in (Please open in Google Chrome on a PC or laptop and allow a minute for the correct form to load). In the form you can indicate your last date of attendance and preferred return date. The suspension of your studies will need to be approved by your Programme Leader before it can be actioned and you can apply to suspend your studies for a maximum of 12 months. Any further suspensions will need to be approved by the Head of Department of your degree course.
Suspension requests will be actioned within three weeks as they require approval from the Programme Leader. You will receive an email from the Student Records Operations Team once the process has been completed and you will receive an email from the University once you are eligible to re-enrol. The university will automatically inform the Student Finance Company and the Accommodation team, if appropriate, once a suspension of studies has been processed.
The Man Met Students Union Advice Centre is able to provide you with specialist, student-centred advice that is free and totally independent.
The link to the undergraduate and postgraduate taught student transfer, suspension and withdrawal procedure can be found here: Microsoft Word - Transfer Suspension and Withdrawal Procedure 2022:2023 FINAL.docx (mmu.ac.uk)